Violence and Literature

There are many different types of themes and events that occur in movies and literature, but the most common seems to be violence. I commented on my blog about how you can’t trust anyone in today’s society and also about violence. I made this connection between O’ Connor’s first short story and Chapter 14 of Foster’s novel. I then noticed that Maggie commented about how much violence was within this short story. There is a lot to be said about violence, but as time passes the violence in the world seems to keep increasing. When reading literature, it seems that violence plays a large role in the development of the story or poem. I thought that Maggie’s response was interesting because it stated how violence is being used in the story and also how the suspense builds within a story when using violence. After reading both assigned stories and Maggie’s response, I agree that violence is a main contributing factor when reading literature or poetry.

This page contains a single entry by Derek Tickle published on February 20, 2007 9:48 PM.

Show me the Technology was the previous entry in this blog.

People can sure be Sarcastic is the next entry in this blog.