I seen it coming!

O'Connor, "The Displaced Person" -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

"Mrs. McIntyre hardly noticed that she had no help left for she came down with a nervous affliction and had to go to the hospital." When she came back, she saw that the place would be too much for her to run now and she turned her cows over to a professional acutioneer and retired to live on what she had, while she tired to save her declining health."

This quote was very interesting to me because it tells how you get what you deserve sometimes. It's rather harsh to say, but she always put the African Americans and other workers down on the farm. She said that she had to get rid of workers so that she could pay Mr. Shortley more money. It is shocking that throughout the story she talks about being the boss and keeping the farm running after her divorce's, but in the end she ends up quite sick. This story has a lot of religion in it and this is one comparsion. The way I look at it is that if you treat other people fairly, then they will treat you fair.

I agree. Like the old saying: if you want respect, give it. Mrs. McIntyre got what she deserved I think.

I wholeheartedly agree with Kayla on this one. Mrs. McIntyre deserved every bit of it. All the pent up guilt in her caused her to whither away like she did.

This page contains a single entry by Derek Tickle published on April 3, 2007 9:58 PM.

Blog Portfolio 2 was the previous entry in this blog.

Reflection Paper - "Equal Opportunity" is the next entry in this blog.