Religion and Islam

Card, Ender's Game Finish -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

"Alai suddenly kissed Ender on the cheek and whispered in his ear, "Salaam."

I really enjoyed reading the second half of the story. This story has a lot of information that pertains to the current world. It is interesting how everything is a prediction of the future, but everything seems so current. This quote was very interesting to see because I learned this word in my religion class. Salaam is an Islam word which means "peace be with you." I thought it was very interesting to see this word in the story. In addition to this quote I also thought that "Alai's" name had some meaning also. Alai is similar to the word "Alah" which means God. It is very intruging to see how much religion is used within novels and pieces of literature.

This page contains a single entry by Derek Tickle published on April 22, 2007 7:42 PM.

Reflection paper - "Masterminds and the Future of Tomorrow" was the previous entry in this blog.

Reflection Paper - The Trilogy of Star Wars and the Game is the next entry in this blog.