Term Progress Summary

Term Progress Report Update

After deciding on our topic of The Dark Knight, we collaborated and organized our notes in order to create a website. We chose specific ideas and terms for three characters: Batman, the Joker, and Harvey Dent. Based on the notes, we described Batman as having a Christ complex and being a self-created God. The idea of justice is also prevalent because of how he struggles between the identities of Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Another character called the Joker is described as having an Oedipus complex. As a result of this complex, he is associated with four major concepts. They include testing Batman, being a nihilist, being a manipulator, and having a distorted mind. The Joker’s knowledge is centered on human nature and how to trick someone into changing their thoughts or mindset. Lastly, Harvey Dent is associated with Maslow’s hierarchy of needs pyramid because of how he is between two levels of needs. Havey along with Batman are seen as having a Christ complex which is focused around Gotham and Rachael. Dent also has issues of trusting people and displays the theory of chance when he becomes two face.

Based on the notes and ideas, we created the specific character web pages along with the links. This process helped make the website more user-friendly and allowed us to begin writing the specific details of each character. After we composed the website, consisting of several hours, we decided to perform a scene from the movie. This scene involves the Joker and Harvey Dent and required a lot of preparation. I traveled to a movie/artist’s business and purchased the make-up that we needed in order to make the reenactment successful. Along with this, I purchased movie (DVD-R) discs in order to have the presentation recorded. After purchasing all of the materials, Angela and I both rehearsed for several hours, in excess of six, in order to remember specific lines and movements that the characters performed in the movie.

When evaluating the work that Angela and I did on this entire project, I would have to say that we equally contributed. The dedication that we had for this project and our course grades helped make it a success and resulted in excellent group work. As a result of working together, my knowledge of psychological criticism has been enhanced and will be a benefit when I become a school teacher. My knowledge will be passed onto my students through different lessons and this will help prepare them for a successful future in education and life.

Overall, the work and desire for this project began with the status set extremely high. This is because of how we both strive to succeed in all of our academic accomplishments and want to make this final project meaningful for us and our classmates. As a result of the countless hours we spent working together, our commitment, and enthusiasm has made this project the best that it could be. This project will be remembered for many years and this will be a highlight of my college career when I look back at my academic accomplishments and hard work.

Click here for the course web page devoted to the Term Project.

This page contains a single entry by Derek Tickle published on May 6, 2009 7:16 PM.

Student Presentations = Success was the previous entry in this blog.

The Grand Finale of Presentations is the next entry in this blog.