Professionalism Without the User-Friendly Quality

After viewing the Harvard News online edition, I had mixed thoughts. First of all, I really enjoyed reviewing and reading it, but I found myself thinking about other things that I had to do in the day.

Is this because of how it reads from one article to another?

The most major issue that I had is how fast the pictures scrolled on the top. I began to read the first caption and the next thing you know is that there was another picture. I had to wait for the first picture to come back in order to finish reading. This was a little frustrating, but not too bad.

I really liked how there were galleries at the end of the newspaper online. I wish there would have been on top because, like most, we are fast visual learners.

Overall, I give it a B, but check out Angela's blog for the C+ rating.

Click here for the course web page devoted to Harvard Crimson.

In terms of the pictures scrolling, I had the same reaction initially. I wasn't really sure what to make of it. At the same time, though, I think it was a good way to include more pictures on the first page without taking up any more space. I guess it's one of those things that has its advantages and disadvantages, like everything else.

This page contains a single entry by Derek Tickle published on November 17, 2009 4:59 PM.

Reflection #16: Color vs. Coverage was the previous entry in this blog.

Color, Caption, and Conception is the next entry in this blog.