The Battle of the Bus Plunges

I have read and compared a bus plunge in Nepal and a bus plunge in Kashmir.  The headlines of both state that there are deaths that occurred from a bus plunge. This statement grabs readers attention and makes them want to learn about why such a tragedy has happened.  Coincidentally both bus plunges caused at least 20 deaths. 

Both of these stories are around the same length and have many of the same details.

However, the bus plunge story from Nepal gives an estimated number of people that were on the bus at the time of the incident.  It also gives the number of people that are still undergoing treatment, and states that there are still people that remain missing.  The story from Kashmir indicates that there are many "fatal road accidents" in India and that most are blamed on "reckless driving."

The story from Nepal seems to be more informative and to the point.  It wants readers to know as many details as can be provided, in such a small space.  The story from Kashmir seems to be more of a warning to readers, "beware of the bus plunge" or "you better drive safe or this is what will happen."

Can you fill it?

Cody Naylor said:

One of my articles I compared seems similar to both of yours. It was pretty dry in the conveying of information and did not really grab my attention. But my other article was about an actual survivor of a bus plunge and was pretty intense. Anyway, I think if I were ever assigned a bus plunge story, I would not treat it like an unimportant filler story and actually write something that people would be interested in reading...

Dianna Griffin said:

I agree. Survivors are extremely important in these situations and I would like readers to know what really happened instead of just warning them about what could happen. It seems that fillers are always underestimated, but stories like bus plunges can actually be a lot more serious than what most people think. They can also draw more attention than what is typically expected.