« Term Project Progress Report: Intertextuality and "The Three Little Pigs" | Main | Post Presentation Perspectives »

My last blog portfolio...ever!

Below is the last collection of blogs I will create for a class at SHU. I began my student blogging as a sophomore in Dr. Jerz's Intro to Lit class. Since then, I think I have steadily improved as an academic blogger, and I think this final collection is a good exhibition of my development. While I may not have fully embraced the concept of blogging in my Intro to Lit Study class, I think that my dedication is evident in my work listed below. Blogging in this class, Literary Criticism, has definitely helped me delve into diffucult concepts and detailed discussions. In fact, I think my understanding of the class content arose in a large part from creating my blogs and reading the blogs of my classmates. So, while I may not have needed to blog in order to comprehend the content of Intro to Lit, blogging for this class became a vital exercise in understanding for me. Because of its vitality, I embraced blogging this semsester yet another opportunity to learn. As shown in my work below, I think I made the most of this opportunity:

Here's a list of all the blogs I've posted since the last portfolio:

An archie deBunker
Lessons Learned
How do we compete?
Upholding the Satus Quo
Just one little hyphen doesn't matter..or does it?
Progress Report
An Optimistic Twist
A Little Art History Lesson
The Ugh of Exam Questions
War! Huh, What is it good for?

If you take a look at one of these blogs randomly, I'm sure the blog you pick will not dissappoint. On every blog, I tried to do a quality job: instead of just writing something to get the assignment done, I truly tried to create critically engaging comments and queries. While this method may not have been the best in terms of time management--reading the material, thinking of a response, and creating the blog were incredibly time consuming activities--despite this setback in my busy schedule, I value the time I was able to spend blogging because I feel that I have genuinely learned from my efforts.

Here's a few instances where I am particularly proud of my efforts:

An Art History Lesson I taught myself how to upload pictures this semester, and was able to tie in past knowledge with new learning in this blog.
An Optimistic Twist I was able to come to grips with an issue I've struggled on before this class even.
Progress Report In this blog, I interact well with my classmates in discussion.
The Ugh of Exam Questions I post a super-long explanatory comment in response to a classmates here.

Thus ends my academic blogging carreer at Seton Hill. WHile part of me wants to jump for joy when I think of the time I will no longer have set aside for blogging, ultimately, I've enjoyed the time spent blogging in this class because of how much I've learned from the experience.

To see my previous blog portfolios, click here and here.

To see my blog detailing my reactions to the class's project presentations, read my blog Post Presentation Perspectives.

Back to Course Page

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on May 8, 2009 1:43 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Term Project Progress Report: Intertextuality and "The Three Little Pigs".

The next post in this blog is Post Presentation Perspectives .