« Impressed... | Main | AP Guide To News Writing ::9-10:: »

Chapters 10 and Conclusion

Overall, I very much enjoyed reading this book. Although the authors of the book were biased, I was engaged in the text. Looking back now, I realize that I have learned so much from the reading. For instance, when taking a poll and then talking about the subject, a reporter should always show what questions were asked in the poll, how many people were polled, and where the poll was located. I also learned how to ask positive and negative questions in order to get a certain answer. How about that!

"'News' is not just "what happens" on a daily basis; it is also the reaffirming evidence that the world works today just as we always knew it should. In this respect, today's news is most satisfying when it confirms our most deep-seated beliefs about the way things really are." (Page 187)

All I have to say is, "Let the reader beware!!"

Posted by ElyseBranam at November 3, 2005 03:15 PM

I think that news today is getting better at giving us what we really want to read. I think that also these authors were very biased in every aspect. I learned a lot from this book as well, even though i really did not like it. Not only did i learn from a consumers perspective, but also as a journalists. I think that this book will help us with future articles.

Posted by: Denamarie at November 7, 2005 12:33 PM