« Resurrection Blues | Main | I like quotes »

April 27, 2006

Resurrection Blues 3

Resurrection Blues 3 -- Jerz: Intro to Literary Study (EL150)

Haha...well, I was completely wrong on my predictions for the conclusion of this book. It was worth a try though! I chose to blog about the last twenty pages of this book because those were the last ones that I read.

My most favorite quote in this section was when Jeanine said, "--Let's be honest, Felix; this man is full of love -- I think you realize that now, don't you; all he is is love. But we aren't. I'm not and neither are you. You've killed too many of us to forget so quickly."

When applying this to my personal life, I couldn't agree me. Because Jack, or by the end of the story, "Charley", represent Jesus ( I think he does), I was able to make a connection of Jesus Christ and Charley. Jesus has played such a major role on today's societ. When looking at all the church goers, I realized that all of these people felt that Jesus was full of love. Now, the characters in this book are sitting back and taking in Charley because of his love.

I thought the ending was a little long. I guess for a play it would have been alright...kind of corny. All of the characters seemed like they had their special turn in saying goodbye to Charley. However, not all of them actually had a special connection with him! On an ending quote, I will leave you at this,"Emily: ...Stay where you are and you will love in all our imaginations where the great images never die..."

Posted by ElyseBranam at April 27, 2006 12:13 AM

So did you like the ending, and do you think he made the right decision of staying up in heaven?

I think that it is great to see a man take a stand that has so much compassion in his life for others that he was thinking of being crucified. Wow.

Posted by: Denamarie Ercolani at April 27, 2006 12:21 PM

Realize that Charley isn't meant for this cruel world. A world where a country want him dead for liberating his people. I didn't only see a comparison between Charley and Jesus, but I also saw a comparison between Charley and every leader who decided to take a stand. Like Martin Luther King, Jr and Ceaser Chavez, he saw that there are thing that needed change in his country. I think his "ascension" at the end of the play is meant for all the leaders out there.

Posted by: Kevin "Kelo The Great" Hinton at April 30, 2006 09:03 PM

i definitely thought the ending would be more dramatic since Jesus' crucifixtion was. I was expecting a grand commercialized finale of sorts. I guess in way it was. It reminded me of one of those home movies where people say good-bye to their dying family member. I know that's awkard to say, but I can't think of what else to compare it to. I think the ending would've made more sense if we would have seen it live. Just like people awaited Christ, I guess people were awaiting Charley/Ralph/Jack. He had 3 names and I thought that was pretty significant too. Sorry, I'm just rambling cuz it's all making sense to me now.

Posted by: ErinWaite at April 30, 2006 09:25 PM