« Word up: Ideology | Main | Corndogs: Tasty treats for blogging carnivals »

All blogs go to heaven (or at least to the vet for a much-needed check-up): Portfolio Une

Relflections
Will this blog make it to heaven? I don't know. I do know that I put more effort into my blogging this year than I ever did before. I blogged early every single time, but once and was the very first blogger for Feb. 22nd (okay, I'm getting on my high horse, knock me off, please). I'm still struggling with trackbacks, but I did the tutorial. I managed to be the first commenter on many of David and Kevin's blogs. I got some great insights from Karissa and Jason as always (but I'm used to that with them :) ). I laughed and learned so much from the wonderful Valerie and had some awesome discussions with Denamarie, Tiffany, and really, the whole class. I think I put so much more effort not only because I know how to, but because I've learned so much from my classmates. This blogging teaches us in a way that is relevant and gets us into the discussions that make us better literary critics. If I don't make it out of the pound, at least I'll get rid of some of my fleas (aka prior judgements of works) and learn to appreciate literature alot more!

The Fur and Fuzz : Coverage I have done the Wallpaper so many times, but I thought I did a good amount of work on my latest reading of it. I also really enjoyed the McDonald article and learned more about the importance of looking deeper into the text.

Heavy Petting : Depth The Ch. 3 Keesey article was an okay intro, but it certainly confused me and made me think that while it's great to be able to make your own interpretations, it's nice to have some background. Kolodny just made me angry with her soapbox attitude, but I realized that it did relate to audience because we all have different interpretations and she was just exploring the difference between the sexes.
O'Connell was another one that kind of annoyed me, so I had no trouble getting in-depth there.
Bark or Bite: Character I am excited because I figured out the blog carnival idea and Karissa suggested a very good topic. I brought the cordogs, so go have a treat!

Plays Well with Others: Interaction I really had fun with Vanessa on Iser and Valerie on Eagleton and Tiffany got a laugh on my Iser blog.

Down, boy! Discussions

Everyone really got talking on Benito Cereno. I also got some great feedback on Tradition and the Individual Talent I cracked up Karissa on my criticism blog, too.

Time for...Timeliness

I blogged a week for early for some entries. I think I was only late once and I don't know if I was or not. All I know, is I'm much better with timeliness than ever before!

X is short for what? Xenoblogging
The Comment Primo
I was the first to comment often on almost everyone's blogs. In particular, David's, Vanessa's, , and Kevin's.
The Comment Grande
Denamarie and I both had strong reactions and alot of laughs during our Kolodny discussion. My comment is long-winded and full of errors, but I was having too much fun to care.
The Comment Informative

I helped Karissa with her ice scraper dilemma
The Link Gracious
Karissa is the ultimate carney in the blogging carnival so I linked to her on my carnival entry
Wildcard
I learned some silly things this year.

Posted by ErinWaite at February 19, 2007 10:38 AM

LOVE your title... hilarious. Just wanted you to know that. Plus, that was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid!

Posted by: Karissa at February 21, 2007 8:15 PM

Thanks! Me 2! I guess they made a sequel.

Posted by: Erin at February 22, 2007 5:51 PM