« Punkin' out | Main | Pale Fire: Not so pale, just plain fidgety »

March 1, 2007

Word up: Icon

I thought this rather appropriate with all the talk of it in the readings this week. It's a sign that shows what it represents by it's similarity to whatever noun it's depicting. A noun, is a person, place, or thing in case you never took English in elementary school (ha-ha). The term is also used to represent religious figures like our buddy, J.C. Some other examples would be the pictures you click on to get somewhere on the computer faster. Hmmm.... how about a picture of a squirrel? Guess what that stands for....

Posted by ErinWaite at March 1, 2007 10:10 AM

A few odd notes about "Icon."

An excellent choice considering it became a cornerstone in the argument that Brann made about "iconic" poetry.

There is a new video game coming out based on the Def Jam record label license called, get this, "Def Jam: Icon."

Lastly, in regards to iconic figures, specifically JC, I had a friend who would not refer to him as such because it became popular. He would only call him "J. Chrizzle."

Strange things pop in my head when I read blogs. These were just a few of them.

Posted by: Kevin at March 1, 2007 3:30 PM

I never thought of J. Chrizzle. Thanks Kevin, you always provide me with something I didn't know or something that makes me smile.

Posted by: Erin at March 1, 2007 5:34 PM