Places You Will Never Forget

After reading the poems by William Wordsworth, I really connected with Tintern Abbey. He recalls a place that he hasn't been to in a while and describes how beautiful the place and its surroundings are. I can remember certain places that I only visit once in a great while, but I every time I return I feel this really great connection. I think that sometimes places that we visit can make a lasting impression on us. Sometimes we don't realize that this impression is made. There is a place in northern California called Carmel and its incredibly beautiful and peaceful. I only visit this place every once in a long while, but every time I think of it it serves as a reminder of how its important to preserve nature and to keep our California beaches clean. I loved this poem because it reminded me of a place I don't often think about.

Dianna Griffin said:

Gladys, I agree with you. There are some places that I don't get to visit a lot and I wish I were able to more often. Due to the fact that you're so far away from home, I can only imagine how many places that have actually made a lasting impression on you. I am a lot closer to home than you, but I know that I have to use memories just to serve as a way to connect to my home.

Dianna Griffin said:

Gladys Mares said:

Yeah, I think its so strange that certain smells, colors, and even words can take you back to a certain place and time. Thats how I felt about this poem. I am a long way from home so it was cool to read this and be reminded of something i've known forever.