Final Portfolio 3

This is my third and final blog portfolio for American Literature. Most of my blogs contain thoughts, reactions, and questions I've had about the works of literature we've read during this portion of the course.

Coverage and Timeliness"

Same Problem, New Century: This blog was my response to an essay written by Steven Mallioux titled, "The Bad Boy Boom" regarding the reaction people had to Mark Twain's novel, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

Tom is a Villain: This blog was mainly about how I felt Tom was a racist villain in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Fun and Games for Tom: This was my reaction to a quote from an article written by Kevin Michael Scott. It's about entering Tom Sawyers mind and trying to figure out where his character is coming from and why.

Its Complicated: The question of whether Samuel Clemens was racist or not comes up frequently for readers of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and this is my response to that question.

The Voice of Reason: I took a quote from Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and talked about Jim's intentions throughout the novel.

Shame on You Huck: In this blog I felt was kind of a push over and should have been honest and spoken up more often.

Thanks but NO Thanks: This was my last blog about The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. By the end of the novel, I think Huck has become aware of his society.

So The Shoes Were Silver: I couldn't help but connect the book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz to the movie. However, I did mention some of the differences I found in the book and perhaps their connections to the outside word?

Depth: These blogs I felt I had a little more to say than usual. Whether it raised any questions, you be the judge.

Same Problem, New Century.

Tom is a Villain

Its Complicated

Interaction:

Same Problem, New Century.