Recess is Important

"So play, Dear Reader, play" (281).

Something I've said all semester - why read a book if you don't enjoy it?  Other than assigned readings for classes, which are sometimes enjoyable, why read it?  Of course, reading new things expands your mind and your ability to analyze different things, but ultimately, if you do not enjoy yourself, but the book down.  Reading should be fun, not forced.  
I'm glad Foster does realize this; and it really is important to remember that everything up to this point has been merely suggestion.  I know I am at fault for being unhappy with Foster, and not understanding what he's suggesting, but I also remember that they are all just suggestions and opinions.  All reading is opinion based, it all depends on the reader.  
I plan on reading the way I always have, but who knows, perhaps I will notice things I never thought of before, whether I want to or not. 

Jeremy Barrick said:

I to was judgmental when I read Foster. I owe the man an apology.

Kayla Lesko said:

I think that Foster is a great way to introduce people to how enjoyable reading can be.

Meagan Gemperlein said:

I wish that he would have had a short passage at the beginning of the book with some of his comments in this chapter. I think it ended the book nicely, but I think I would have been less ctitical of him if I knew what he really wanted to get across.

Dave said:

I think some of this might have been good at the beginning ofthe book. However, I feel like the idea that fire has it's own meaning, as do many other things he didn't mention would be less meaningul if we didn't get through the book first, learning HOW to draw these connecions as well as getting a "list" of commonly occuring meanings.