A surprise guest star

As a newcomer to SHU campus this semester, I was pleasantly surprised to see President Boyle in class.  At my previous campus, my interaction with the president was limited to formal ceremonies and official e-mails, so I was glad to see the president drop by just to help out with our class.  But don’t get me wrong, I don't mean any disrespect to my former college or its president - it might just be that I wasn't in the right class or the right place at the right time.

As for the success of the class itself, I thought it went really well even though it got off to a rocky start.  I know at first I was a little confused as to what exactly we were supposed to be questioning President Boyle about - the mock termination of Dr.Jerz or the pre-prepared questions.  But once the ball got rolling, there was no stopping us!  Also, although this press conference was labeled a "mock" conference, I thought it came pretty close to the real thing (that's compared to my limited experience with press conferences, of course).  I was excited to learn about the upcoming additions to campus and information on issues as important as campus safety straight from the source - President Boyle.  Dr. Jerz's involvement and role play as a fellow journalist also set a good example of how journalists should conduct themselves at a real press conference - with a high degree of professionalism while simultaneously striving to get the information needed by making every attempt to get your voice heard over the others. 

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: A surprise guest star.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-akdfh_tb.cgi/10752