A sunshiny day

"by wondering if in all of history there has ever been a day so glorious and concluding that there hasn't" (213)

It's not your run-of-the-mill weather report that gives you insight and revelations like that!  Although it was very out of the ordinary, I really enjoyed Ken Fuson's "Ah, What a Day!"  In fact, I think the passage's uniqueness is what I liked the most about it.  I have never come across, or even thought I would come across, a single-sentence piece of journalism.  In this way, I think "Ah, What a Day" shows the versatility of journalism; even though the nuts and bolts of the practice revolve around objectivity, leads, and quotes, within some areas journalism can flourish into a truly expressive art form.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: A sunshiny day .

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-sp23oozye_tb.cgi/11077

Jeremy Barrick said:

Run of the mill is never exciting. Add some spices to your story and now you get an audience.

Maddie Gillespie said:

I'm with you on the enjoyment that I got from reading this. I really never thought that a sentence could be so long and yet still grammatically correct. I sure was a different kind of read. You have good insight into this as shown by your comments on how this piece showed the versatility of journalism. That was great!

Chelsea Oliver said:

I agree with you and Maddie, this was a fun read. But are we allowed to write like this for journalism? If so, sign me up! I really like the creative style to this much better than the normal everyday boring news stories we always get.

Corey Struss said:

It really is uplifting to know that artistic expression can be used in Journalism. A good portion of what we have read, as far as news stories go, have been your run-of-the-mill cut and dry news pieces. None have ever taken this different of an angle, or have looked at a story like this.

I'm a creative writing major, and it is good to finally come across something that I can really enjoy checking out.

Corey Struss said: