Just the Basics: Learning the ropes to Writing on the Web

For the past four weeks, I've been taking a class on how to write for the internet.  I've also been blogging on a regular basis in response to class readings to help focus and guide my learning.  Thus far in the course we've focused on learning the nuts-and-bolts of HTML and CSS code, a world entirely new to me, as well as issues of decorum and professionalism when writing both for and on the internet (e.g., appropriate use of internet shorthand in e-mails, Facebook/MySpace content, use of emoticons, etc.)  Below, I have comprised these blog entries according to the categories of coverage, timeliness, interaction, depth and discussion.  Enjoy & comment!

Coverage - These entries draw concrete logical conclusions from assigned readings

A Difficult Balancing Act - Here, I'm trying to identify with both sides of a controversial topic: young teachers & "appropriate" conduct on Facebook

Ignorance is Bliss - An article on the beginnings of internet communication open my eyes to some new realizations...

The "half-serious" smile seen 'round the world - Among other things, I give examples of appropriate emoticon use in my own experiences

I'm with Smiley - I get a little emotional about emoticons...

Timeliness - These entries I completed before the due dates (basically everything I've done thus far in the semester).

Who's that reading my e-mail?

A Difficult Balancing Act

HTML Fear

Ignorance is Bliss

Fun with Castro

The "half-serious" smile seen 'round the world

I'm with Smiley

The Surprisingly Personal Side of Writing for the Web

Stop the Clutter! End the Madness!

Interaction - These entries display class conversations/comments generated from my blog.

A Difficult Balancing Act

I'm with Smiley

The Other English Language

Depth - These entries go beyond the bare-bones; they're detailed and extensive.

The Other English Language

Discussion - These entries show my ability to respond to what my classmates had to say.

Denamarie's blog...and Denamarie's blog again

Jessie's blog

Aja's Blog...and Aja's blog again

Chelsea's blog

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Just the Basics: Learning the ropes to Writing on the Web.