Plugging along

Castro pgs 31-64

This section didn't go so well as the last one did for me.  I seemed to be moving a little slower through it and I was having more little errors that I had to go back and fix, especially when I moved on to ch. 2.

Still, I was doing fairly okay until I hit pg. 61 and had to create my own background.  I tried it a couple different pictures (I got a picture off the internet and used a piece of clip-art from Word), edited them in my computer's default picture editor, and saved them, but they didn't show up on the page. I'm not sure if I have to enter the picture as something different than "url..." or if it's because my photo editor isn't as advanced as photoshop and won't save my pictures as "compressed" files.  I think...

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Plugging along.

Daniella Choynowski said:

I had no problems until I tried to make the header. The picture used for the background is already on the companion website, formatted as well. I don't know what's going on with my photo editor either.

Jed Fetterman said:

I think that I was saving the pictures as compressed files. I do not know though, because it always said that it was the original file size when I would check it. As far as the background goes, I got mine to work, so it is possible by just following the book.