Lots of Fun-for You, not Me

I haven't really made it a secret that I think that the internet, and all computers along with it, should be tossed into a burning pit and sent straight to Hell.  Well this exercise was no different.  I understood how to do all of the tasks, the instructions were well written and I knew where everything was, but all of the different styles, formats, and file extensions drive me nuts.  And to top things off, since I am unfamiliar with html, I wrote a buch of stupid things on my fist plage from scratch.  I actually started to understand html but I still did not want to stray too far from the page that Dr. Jerz set up because I was afraid I would damage the page irreparably.

I think my annoyance is derived from the fact that computers are designed to make really simple, stupid tasks, go really fast.  If that is the case, then why do they make me feel so dumb?  It's like the techies say, most of the problems with a computer are user error.  I get the feeling that all of the techies out there are laughing at me, so I will give you guys the puchline of the joke: my first html page.

This is the title of your page.htm or test.htm, but that is not what I saved it under.  Enjoy.

Also, Levi Leipheimer, an American, is wearing gold in the Veulta after winning the first individual time trial.  If you don't know what any of this means, you should visit VeloNews.com here.  Peace out :-)

The course site: so good, cats ask for it by name.

Good work. Our Castro textbook will go over all these details again, much more carefully, but also introducing many more options and more alternatives, so it's a good thing that you got this practice. Your confidence will come with time... you've made a great start, and I'm glad to be here to watch your journey.

Daniella Choynowski said:

Yes, another person who feels the same way I do about computers! Though for some reason, it behaved for me this time. The coding is a little infuriating, especially because one little mistake can make the whole thing not function correctly. And it takes forever to find out where you went wrong. There's no spell or grammaer check for html (is there? that would be awesome). I can write a research paper or analyze a play no problem, but I hear the words "computer" and "code" and cringe.