« How many ways are there to cover the same football game? | Main | The Tribune Review and WTAE-4 News: Lack of Clarity and Comprehensiveness »

Addition to Football Article

After reading Nancy's blog, I looked at the Tribune Review website and found more angles to covering the Seton Hill football game. I found two articles that were published after the first home game. The Sunday article focused on the technical aspects of the game: what went wrong, who scored points, who ran the ball, etc. Then on Monday there was another article about how Seton Hill is doing well for a first-time team.

Posted by JennaOBrocto at September 26, 2005 10:01 PM

Jenna,

It is interesting how when you read a review of a Steelers game, it is so positive regarding our beloved Black & Gold, yet when you watch the national broadcasters on television, such as the Patriots game the other day, they are so obviously enthralled with everything BUT the Steelers, it comes across as biased against them. Of course, if you turned of the nationals, and listened to Bill and Tunch, the story would be totally different... even more so, if Myron was back in the booth.

What I'm driving at is the importance of remaining neutral in the articles, of which I think you're doing a great job. We often get so used to bias within the media, such as local coverage of the Steelers, that when someone who is indifferent or with a different perspective comes along, it can seem hostile.

I know I felt very annoyed several times during the game when CBS kept the camera all over Tom Brady and sung his praises, seconds after Hines caught that pass and went 85 yards for the TD.

Posted by: Mike Sichok at September 27, 2005 9:49 PM