« Disillusioned Civilization | Main | I Remember That... »

Greater Detail

Narration refers to the act of telling a story, whether in prose or in verse, and the means by which that telling is accomplished.
Hamilton, Essential Literary Terms (112-149) -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

I was actually surprised when I recognized most of the terms in this section. In the last reading we did in this book, there were a lot of terms I didn't know. This time around, there were only really two terms that I had never heard before: stream of consciousness and repartee. I liked how this went into greater detail of what each term means and how it is used in literature. I learned to better understand each concept.

HallieGeary:

I found that I recognized a lot of the terms in this section as well, probably because high schools focus so much on terms and stories when teaching English. Still, the terms I didn't know where doozies. Stream of consciousness really messed me up, and I still can't figure out what it's talking about.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 10, 2007 9:40 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Disillusioned Civilization.

The next post in this blog is I Remember That....