« Portfolio 1 | Main | Smile and Nod »

Shortest Poem Known to Man

THE WORLD is so full of a number of things, Iím sure we should all be as happy as kings.

Poetry Selections -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

I have to say that I was surprised when I read this poem. I knew that there were some short poems, but I never realized that there were any quite this short. I always thought that they had to be at least four lines long. I even kept scrolling down the page, thinking that there must have been some mistake. I guess that this just goes to show that there really is no limit.

While I think that the author definitely could have added more, it almost seems more effective the way it is. It is short and simple...straight to the point.

MacKenzie Harbison:

It's amazing how little you can say and how much it can mean. There are many different ways you can look at this poem and it's only two lines long. You can take words like "world" "things" and "kings" and come up with a poem that means more than the words themselves.

Derek Tickle:

I also wrote about this interesting poem. It was very interesting that this poem was so short. There is such great meaning within this poem and yet it is so short and simple. It seems that sometimes the shorter the work, then the more effective it can be.

Ken:

I believe the shortest poem is by a man named Muhammad Ali and it goes like this: Me,We. But I could be wrong.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 21, 2007 8:01 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Portfolio 1.

The next post in this blog is Smile and Nod.