« EL 266 Wildcard-My thoughts on Am. Lit | Main | EL 266-Ch. 2 Thoreau; The silence of the woods »

G-20 Vomit

I just watched a short video broadcast on the G-20 Summit in Pittsburgh. It's so funny that the Summit was based in Pittsburgh for its rivers and scenery, but all I saw were bare streets and boarded up buildings. How do you think world leaders look upon that?
Police action prevailed as college and out of work twenty-somethings roamed the streets broadcasting their opinions. How do you think we look to world leaders?
The final thing that got me was a man holding up a replica of the Stanley Cup wearing shorts that were to small for him and a beer gut that slipped out of his shirt when he walked. I feel bad for the city I love. It has been enslaved by rednecks and opinionated ass wipes.
Leave the politics to educated people.

I posted a link in my blog of a video from that... and I have to say, I completely agree.
One of my friends posted the video under "look at the oppression! where is our freedom of speech? where are our rights?"
I argued with her, and so did another of her friends, that the police did what they said they were going to do and people were warned. The video is just a tribute to the idiocy of people. Honestly, if you live in Pittsburgh, you should know what's going on, and if you don't listen to direct police orders you have serious issues and are asking for problems. That's just my opinion though :)