« EL 266 Portfolio Three-Xenoblogging | Main | EL 266 Portfolio Three-Summing up specific qualities »

EL 266 Portfolio Three-Wildcard

The Fall semester proved to be quite tragic and rewarding to me. I suffered through many trials and tribulations. I will not go into detail, but they all led me to depression. Something I could not shake until I grew the strength to be without. And that is very difficult to achieve. I want to go public with my situation because I feel that it may help others in the future to see that they are not alone. I felt alone for a while until talking to a network of professionals, friends, and family.
I just want to personally thank Seton Hill University for sticking by me in these difficult times and extend a warm thank you to Dr. Jerz making sure I was safe and not losing my mind. Depression is hard to shake. When your feeling low, you really hit bottom. I would never know happiness if it were not for hitting rock-bottom several times this semester. I just cannot believe that I got through it. Never thought I would.
Loosing my job, being temporarily disabled, attending a demanding internship and SHU full-time, caring for a pet who is not in the best of health, and worst of all, my significant other leaving me after five years, I came out of the darkness. Wow! I have to pat myself on the back. That was like fighting a war or an uphill battle.
Everyday is a quest for me. I take things one day at a time. I have learned that life is a mystery, leaving me with a lot of unanswered questions. And where better to get some of them answered, SHU. Well, some of them.