« EL 250 Student Presentations | Main | EL 250 Social Networks and Games »

EL 250 Portfolio 3 Video Games are More than Meets the Eye

EL 250 has been very fast-paced and informative. The instructor, Dr. Jerz, has taken his students to new levels of learning through video games. During the last wee, students have written a term paper (draft), discussed Grimes with Susan Carmichael, had a gruop discussion on Eladhari with Keith Campbell, had a topic discussion on modding, machinima, and motion capturing, discussed Wilson with Cody Naylor, student presentations on Thursday and Friday, and a final term paper to end the semester with.

Depth:

Grimes with (Susan)

Eladhari with (Keith)

Wilson with (Cody)

Interaction:

Elizabeth Swartzwelder

Jessie Krehlik

Susan Carmichael

Discussions:

Grimes with (Susan)

Eladhari with (Keith)

Motion Capturing

Timeliness:

Student Presentations

Grimes with (Susan)

Eladhari with (Keith)

Wilson with (Cody)

Xenoblogging:

Elizabeth Swartzwelder I went into why they print TOS documents.

Jessie Krehlik on my personal experience with a TOS document.

Susan Carmichael on why it's nice to be somebody else online.

Modding and why it's so great that this technology exists.

Wildcard:

S-t-r-e-s-s. Stress is a killer. Stress is not fun. Stress can make you heavy or thin. Okay, I think I got my point across. My readers may or may not realize that I am stressed out. I have valid reasons for being so. It is my last semester at SHU. So far, I am enrolled in two active courses. Not much of a vacation when you think about it. Anyways, the point of this entry is that I do not know where to go after this. Will I still be a poor college student upon graduation? Everyone has these grandeoise ideas that if you go to college, then you are guaranteed a job. I don't think so. With all my experience so far, I just had an interview with WDVE, the radio station in Pittsburgh. The interview went reall well, but I lost hope as they never called me back. Oh well, maybe next time slugger. Now I go back to the real world and focus on my studies so I can graduate. Just thought by writing this, it would serve as a grim reminder of how realistic the world really is, and the fears a future grad has.