« EL 250 Portfolio 3 Video Games are More than Meets the Eye | Main | EL 250 Article Presentation »

EL 250 Social Networks and Games

I personally do not like the idea of games like Farmville on a social network. All it does is draws in a large populatioon from a particular site until something better comes along. I played the everso popular Mafia Wars on MySpace. It was fun until I was receiving email after email from my friends to play it. It just got out of control. Now, nobody plays it that I know of. Indie games are a good idea, not to contradict myself, just not for social networks. It slows down the networks and overpopulates them.
As I said in an earlier blog, I played a game called Skate. It was a rip-off of Tony Hawk, but the music was better and the controls were a bit more accurate. But now, it won't play any longer in my system. Go figure.