IF game update

On Monday, one of my friends from high school was home from break, so I asked him to play my IF game. Now, granted, he had absolutely no experience with IF games, but he still gave it a go, and once I told him which commands worked and which didn't, he did surprisingly well.

I'm happy to say that I didn't have to change a lot of the game to satisfy the problems he encountered. For example, I still need to change my introduction, but as for the rest of the game, there were little things, like preventing the user from turning into a bird multiple times. There were a few other sections of the game in which I still could polish more.

On the whole, I am pleased with my accomplishments this far. There are a few issues that still need to be sorted out, but I fixed most of the things that stopped him from finishing the game without my help.

I am surprise your friend can play the game well, because I got no clue while I was playing it.

It doesn't mean your game is not good. Basically, it only means I need to improve my English, haha.

Anyway, I admire those people who choice to do the IF game, because it could be very confusing to the author as well!

Good Luck Jessie!

Maddie Gillespie said:

I know exactly what you're blogging about, Jessie. I'm actually planning to con one of my friends (who's totally clueless about IF games) into playing my game and then seeing how it goes. I think we can get a better view of how what we can polish in our games when seen through new and inexperienced eyes. They don't have any biases and they might be more honest about some confusing aspects than others...maybe. Anyways, good luck with your game and don't hesitate to shoot me a shout-out if ya need another tester.