- it could definitely use some more variety,not just with the way the articles appear on the page, but with the style of the site in general.
- We should really take advantage of flash too. What's the point in learning how to use flash media if we aren't going to apply it to our own product.
- I hate that the exclusives tab is so far down on the page...shouldn't we be focusing on the exclusives, because they don't make appearances in the actual paper, do they? We should make this either the stories that show up first on the page or the top link, because we need to promote students reading the online-only stories.
- It also kind of bothers me that the news stories on the main page don't have a date on them. We should fix this, because students have no idea of how old the news might be
- As for innovation...we could really take advantage of youtube if you think about it. there's a lot we can do with the internet
- We could even do a daily photo by aero or any of our other photographers...just something unique or unexpected. I noticed that griffin's lair has this feature, and it really intrigued me. Why shouldn't the paper take advantage of our photographers? It's a shame that we can't fit more pictures in our print, so why not take advantage of our open space online?
- Although I like the set up for the website itself, it seems almost out dated. It's kinda boring, actually. Why not spruce it up? I'm not saying we need to make it magenta or anything, but it would definitely be nice to see something other than grey or a chance...although I don't think we should go with red and gold...just because we would be just as annoying as griffin gate and griffin's lair...
- Our site really does have the potential for great things. We should take advantage of our assets...why shouldn't we write more articles to feature only online? I also think the idea of linking up podcasts and youtube videos will bring us a new fanbase. We need to find a way to catch our reader's attention though
So here's my brainstorming for the Setonian Online...
I really liked the South of Here site. Even though I didn't really understand the whole sheep background, I liked the set up of the site. It's much more modern than our site...right now, our site looks way to basic. It almost looks like a template was used from dreamweaver or something...(no offense if it really was taken directly from a template...)
I guess that's all i have for now...I'm gonna try to think of some more creative ideas, but my creative juices really aren't flowing tonight...