FarmVille vs. Harvest Moon

Ahh Farmville...I wish I could say that I resisted jumping on the band wagon with this one, but that's simply not the case. Although it did take me a while to finally give in, once I did, I was hooked. It happened at the worst possible time too, right before finals. So from then on, I was playing Farmville every day, visiting my little farm several times a day to harvest my crops. And then winter break hit. By new years, I kinda lost interest--I have more important things to do than check on my plants every day.
I think one of the whole reasons I'm turned off by FarmVille is because it's a social-network game. I hate that we're encouraged to send gifts to our neighbors. I rarely bother. And it really annoys me when my request box gets filled with FarmVille requests.
It really is a pointless game--it's got the same basic functions as the Harvest Moon series, only Harvest Moon is SO much better.
In HM, you can actually watch your plants grow, and you have to water them and fertilize them yourself. You can breed your animals as well. And, the story-line aspect of the game is great too. It's just a more complex version of FarmVille. The graphics are better too.
All in all, FarmVille's just one great waste of time. It gives kids a reason to procrastinate from doing their home work. I'm guilty of that, aren't you?

Akiya said:

I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW it was probably like a knock-off Harvest Moon! I've never played Farmville, but I've had HM for ages, and I absolutely love the game. I wouldn't be caught dead playing farmville. Thank you for proving my assumption :)