Finely-Tuned Extended Play

I decided to play Fine Tuned as my extended game play again like I did a year and a half ago, because I'm determined to make it further than I did last year. With the help of Dr. Jerz's comment to wave at the girl on the side of the road, I made it all the way to the train station this time and greeted Miss Sweet. I really enjoy playing this game, shouldn't be surprising since I found a few reviews who praised it as well. In a review by Jacqueline A. Lott, she comments on how refreshing it is to play as a character rather than yourself in the game. She also mentions that there is a lot more freedom in this IF game than in most. Jerz produces multiple outcomes for various puzzles. That's one of the reasons I've always enjoyed his game, because each time I play it, it's possible that I'll figure out how to do something else that I over looked initially.
For example, I'm pretty sure Miss Sweet wants me to help her into the car at the train station, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. After waiting so many moves, she lowers her raised hand and enters the automobile on her own. I'm anxious to see what would've happened if I'd figured out the correct command. When I have more time, I'll probably try to get a little further in this game. Out of all the games I've played, this one, and the Spoon River Anthology game I played when I was a Freshman are among my favorites.
Like Lott, I agree that Finely-Tuned really has been tuned up a bit since it's released, and I'm happy to say that Dr. Jerz really has a nicely polished game to be proud of.

Jessie Author Profile Page said:

Are you serious!? Dr. Jerz, I tried "help Miss Sweet into car," "help Miss Sweet enter car," "Miss Sweet, enter car," and "Shame Miss Sweet's hand"

I can't believe all I needed to say was "take hand." I can't wait to play the game again now lol.

I think "open door" will work, too.

Jessie Author Profile Page said:

I shouldn't be surprised that it was such an easy command. That's usually how I get stuck in IF games. I completely overlook the easiest solution. Like Peter did in his early episodes playing IF games, I think I try to make it too complicated.

callan said:

Checked out fine tuned after reading your post found it thoroughly enjoyable oh to be troy sterling for the day.