As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I'd like to compile a fully-functional Setonian Online App for use of our paper. Although I worked on this for my first two units, I'm planning to expand on the final project, because there's still plenty of work to be done.
So far, I've created a main page template that works for each of the major sections of the paper. There is also a "share this" at the bottom of every page--I might switch this so it's only posted on actual story pages rather than the main news pages.
My goals for this project:
- flesh out the rest of the basic links on the pages.
- add a "view more" at the bottom of the page.
- add a youtube video view--one for the main story as well?
- add audio player--in case we want to put online exclusive full-length interviews.
- landscape orientation changes to split screen mode--different interface
- linking this style sheet to the existing setonian online? (final objective)
By this thursday, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to create at least the youtube-views. If I have extra time, maybe i'll also try to tackle the audio player as well.
By next tuesday, I'm hoping to have at least half of the coding completed for the landscape orientation.
What I'll need help with:
- view more link
- landscape orientation
- linking stylesheet to setonian online
It's pretty unlikely that I'll have a polished product ready for the setonian online by the end of the semester, but it is my aspiration that I'll be able to at least show a working model...i hope.