Pro-nunt-see-ay-shun

Dear Roberts,

Hi. Love the book (most of the time). Those chapters (Insert numerous chapter numbers here) on essay writing were wonderful. Additionally, I would just like to reflect on something in Chapter 13, the chapter about Prosody and other awesome English terms. You say that "It is important- vital- to understand the differences between spelling, or graphics, and pronunciation, or phonetics" (185). It pains me to say this, but not everyone knows this. As an English major, I am a huge advocate for spelling, and for once, I completely agree with you. Now, I'm not saying that one has to be a perfect speller in order to be successful at writing, but it certainly helps.

Thank you for your time.
Your friend,
Jessica

PS) If you could write a supplementary chapter that deals with "Methods of Finding the Perfect Thesis Statement," please let me know. I'd be very interested to read that, as would most of my classmates!

Kayla Lesko said:

I hate when bad spelling ruins what I'm reading.

Oh, and I love to see the thesis chapter too.

JessicaOrlowski Author Profile Page said:

Maybe we could write an actual (slightly less rude) letter to Roberts, asking him to write said chapter.

You never know, he might find your blog...Crawford Killian found my blog last year...of course, I was being rather rude in my blogs about how much I hated his book. Oops...But who knows, maybe your message will make it to Roberts just the same. And as an added bonus, you weren't nearly as harsh as I always am...

Haha I didn't mean to be overly harsh in my blog. I actually did find some of Roberts' stuff useful.