Trust the Compass

"If you are considering teaching because you can't think of anything else to do, stop. You should not enter the teaching profession by default or with a sense of resignation" (Lemire 13).

When I decided I wanted to become a teacher everyone told me how easy it was going to be. I always had to stand up for myself and let others know that teaching is NOT easy! Therefore, I thought this passage brought up a good point. Teaching is hard work and I do not like the stereotype that many people have put on the teaching profession. Especially since I want to teach elementary kids, people think that is even easier. You should go into the teaching profession because you have a passion for it. Like Micheal Sims stated it should be like a compass. There is just some magnetic force that attracts you to the career you want to have. That should be why you enter the teaching profession.

Agreed Juliana. There are way too many people that take teachers for granted. It is a hard profession with hours of work outside of the classroom that you don't get paid to do. I know that there is a Administrative assistant appriciation day but is there a teacher's appriciation day? I don't know.

Katie Vann said:

I too, liked that quote. Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the teaching field for the wrong reason. I want to work with kids and especially special education students, but sometimes I feel as though thats not exactlty what I want to do. But then, when I look around, there doesn't seem to be anything I could do. I guess I'll have to wait and see.