Almost Done

This semester, as everyone probably knows by now, I used my blogging as a way to sort of vent during a very stressful semester (I had several people always ask what I was blogging when Dr. Jerz would comment on my blogs in class). Although I wish I wouldn't want to have another semester like this past one, I guess it did spark interest for people to start reading my blogs. Not exactly what I intended or wanted, but hey, whatever.

I think I've kept up better with these last few weeks of blogging. I tried to post as many of mine on time as possible. I also tried to put more thought and content into my responses and my own blogs. I noticed that others started leaving more content in their blogs and responses as well. The discussions I had through blogging were interesting, especially while we were reading "Ender's Game" and "Wit".

Although  I am thankful to finally have the semester end, there are several things I did learn from this class that had an impact on me. I loved learning about how to get started with writing and trying to get published. I liked working on the professional portfolio. It really made me think about what I needed to do to add to my resume and see what I can accomplish while here at Seton Hill.

The step through step process of the research paper was also very helpful, but I wish we had more time for it. It seems we were all rushed at the end. I thought the group informal presentations were a great idea, but I think this whole process should have started earlier in the course so we could have spent some time reviewing each others finished papers or at least rough drafts.

Overall, this course had both its frustrating and helpful points but I did learn alot that will help with my future English classes.

Coverage

Imagine 60 Little Exclamations Points!!!

Subplots: Twisted and Complicated

More Fluff = A+ : A Bad High School Experience

Lessons From Ender

An Unlikely Bridge

Just a Sad Excuse for a Poet

When Pretending Becomes Reality

Free Verse vs. Blank Verse

A Powerful Opening

Timeliness

Subplots: Twisted and Complicated

Lessons From Ender

An Unlikely Bridge

Just a Sad Excuse for a Poet

When Pretending Becomes Reality

Free Verse vs. Blank Verse

A Powerful Opening

Interaction

Subplots: Twisted and Complicated

Lessons From Ender

An Unlikely Bridge

Free Verse vs. Blank Verse

A Powerful Opening

Depth

Lessons From Ender

A Powerful Opening

Discussion

Juliana

Gretta

Kaitlin

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Almost Done.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-tb.cgi/13894

Katie, thanks for your feedback.

The final research paper is indeed a bit rushed, but this activity is just intended to introduce the concept, which will be covered again in much more detail in "Writing about Literature."

Experience has shown me that when students haven't yet even started their research paper in STW, it's just too soon to introduce the specific requirements of a research paper in a literature class.

But what I hear you saying is that you valued that part of EL150 and that you would like more time on it. You guys all caught me by surprise when it comes to the seriousness with which you're approaching this exercise, even though it's not worth a whole lot of points. So I will keep all this in mind for the next time I offer the course.