Cappon Chopping and Condensing Crazy Sentences

"The bright side of the obesity syndrome is that it's so simply to control. The person mark in lieu of all those ocnjuctions, participial and relative clauses is a splendid anitdote. Some of us need to rediscover it" (Cappon 38).

I think we all can tell from this chapter that one of Cappon's favorite things to do must be sentence chopping (is this reporting, an inference, or a judgement linguistic people?). It seems that after writing three chapters of the "do"s and "don't"s of newswriting, Cappon just needed a chapter to vent and do something fun. There's only a small amount of information in this chapter, but a pile of examples. I found parts of a it kind of funny because you can almost see the excited of sentence chopping in some of Cappon's comments.

Anyways, I like sentence chopping myself (whereas in essays I spend most of my time trying to lengthen my sentences which isn't so much fun). Not only do I like doing this in writing, but when it comes to reading a newspaper article, shorter sentences are necessary for quick reading and comprehension. After all, when you only have moments to glance at a paper at the breakfast table or on your way to work, who wants to spend time trying to interpret and comprehend long drawn out sentences? I don't really like to do that even when I have time.

Bye for now.