Dear Motivation, Please Come Back

It's that time of year when the feeling of Christmas is in the air along with a hint of dread. Yep, it's the end of the semester. I'm not sure about all of you, but this time of year my motivation to do any work plummets. I eventually get it done, but it's a matter of forcing myself.

We've all had a deadline to fill. You know you have to do the assignment, but you don't want to. I find that a lack of motivation is more of a pain than writer's block. It gives you this nagging feeling. How I force myself to finish work is by two things: 1. The most obvious thing being that my grade will suffer. 2. The sooner I get it done, the sooner I get to stop worrying about it.

By the time my motivation comes back, I only have a few days to do the assignment. I keep telling myself that I won't do that to myself again, but that doesn't work most of the time. So my question is this: What tactics do you use to combat lack of motivation? It can be for anything.

Patrick Sheffler said:

It is really difficult when you know you are almost done. Trying to push the last bit of assignments together creates that exhausted feeling.