Krogstad the Vampire

Krogstad. Well, in any case, it would have been of no use to you now. If you stood there with ever so much money in your hand, I would never part with your bond.

Nora. Tell me what purpose you mean to put it to.

Krogstad. I shall only preserve it--keep it in my possession…“

Krogstad displays the characteristic of a vampire in his abuse of Nora’s bond. He not only wants a position in the bank, but he also wants Helmer’s job.

"A nasty old man, attractive but evil, violates young women, leaves his mark on them, steals their innocence – and coincidentally their “usefulness” (if you think “marriageability” you’ll be about right) to young men – and leaves them helpless followers in sin."

He even puts her in a position where she is desperate enough to ask her husband to put an unworthy man in a position of authority:

Nora. I couldn't prevent it, Mr. Krogstad. I fought as hard as I could on your side, but it was no good."

He has made her useless in the “disagreeable position” he’s made between her husband and herself. He has stolen her innocence in the sense that she no longer has the same simple worries and cares that she had before. However, the lost of innocence is also beneficial in the sense that it has made her realize the pretend marriage she had with Helmer and give up her façade of taking Helmer’s and her father’s opinions as her own.

Part of Nora's power over her husband comes from her own "innocent" act, and Krogstad threatens that. Your post raises an interesting point -- when does she really and truly drop the act? What, specifically, happens to precipitate the change?

"Helmer. Miserable creature--what have you done?

Nora. Let me go. You shall not suffer for my sake. You shall not take it upon yourself.

Helmer. No tragic airs, please. [Locks the hall door.] Here you shall stay and give me an explanation. Do you understand what you have done? Answer me! Do you understand what you have done?

Nora [looks steadily at him and says with a growing look of coldness in her face]. Yes, now I am beginning to understand thoroughly."

I think that's the point when she drops the act. She realizes that Helmer is no hero and that he doesn't love her enough to sacrifice his reputation for her. When she gets the coldness in her face and her voice - that's when she drops the act.

I like the quotes you used. I think that they were the best ones to use to get your point across. Good Job!