Blogging Portfolio 1

Blogging Portfolio 1

Blogging Portfolio 1

Coverage, Timeliness: Heart in the Ground by Douglas Hill: Lee’s mysterious past and Bill’s history.

Coverage, Depth, Discussion, Interaction, Timeliness: Trifles by Susan Glaspell: Mrs. Wright’s instantaneous guilty verdict and the superior investigative skills of Mrs. Peter and Mrs. Hale.

Coverage: Catholic Social Teaching by Sister Dorothy Jacko: principles applied to Heart in the Ground by Douglas Hill, Trifles by Susan Glaspell, and Traction by Erik Ramsey.

Discussion, Interaction, Timeliness: Traction by Erik Ramsey: questioned the images in the Wheel.

Coverage, Interaction, Timeliness: Part 1 of A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen: explored the danger of Nora’s interest in money. I talked about Nora’s sneakiness in David Denninger’s blog. I questioned the dialogue between Nora and Helmer in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “A Doll House.”

Coverage, Timeliness: How to Read Literature like a Professor by Thomas Foster (Into. – pg. 22): applied it to Ch. 2 of A Doll’s House and compared Krogstad to a vampire. In David Denninger’s blog I brought up how Krogstad is a desperate man.

Coverage: Part 2 of A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen: took a closer look at Dr. Rank’s character. I also gave my opinion on Dr. Rank in Rachel Prichard’s blog and mentioned Nora’s dramatic change in attitude in David Denninger’s blog.

Interaction, Timeliness: The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde: Algernon’s clever perceptiveness. I gained some knowledge about the unique title in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “The Importance of Being Earnest”.

Interaction, Timeliness: Part 1 of Machinal by Sophie Treadwell: what was happening at the other tables in the bar. In Lorin Schumacher’s blog I compared Young Woman to Karen from Heart in the Ground.

Interaction, Timeliness: Part 2 of Machinal by Sophie Treadwell: Young Woman’s name change. In Lorin Schumacher’s blog I mentioned the song that may have inspired her to kill her husband. In David Denninger’s blog I disagreed with the idea that Young Woman was sacrificing herself for love. I made some comments about the headlines in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “Machinal (Finish).” In Denamarie Ercolani’s blog I gave my opinion on the themes of the play. I noted the differences in Young Woman and Mrs. Wright (of Trifles) in Gina Burgese’s blog entry “Same Ending; Different Story.”

Timeliness: The Jeweller's Shop by Karol Wojtyla: my annoyance with the Jeweller. In David Denninger’s blog I mentioned how I enjoyed that the characters gave their different points-of-view.

Coverage, Depth, Timeliness: Dead Man Walking by Tim Robbins, Sister Helen Prejean: supportive characters. In Lorin Schumacher’s blog, we discussed the use of the word “victim”. I brought up the usefulness of killing characters in David Denninger’s blog.

Coverage, Depth: Informal Oral Presentation: comparing Poncelet and Young Woman’s team of support and how it impacted their choices before death. The lovely folks in my group gave fantastic presentations (reflection) and gave excellent advice about my own (reflection).

Coverage, Interaction, Timeliness: Part 1 of Oedipus the King by Sophocles: irony and its importance in the play. In Kevin Hinton’s blog I mentioned the element of self-defense in Oedipus’s killing of the king. I mentioned the role of the audience in David Denninger’s blog.

Coverage: Part 2 of Oedipus the King by Sophocles: the nice side of Oedipus. I defended Oedipus and his quest for truth in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “Oedipus Rex Finish.”

Timeliness: Was Oedipus Framed? By Robert W. Rex: scapegoat for the god’s amusement. I disagreed with the idea that Creon and Teiresias were behind the king’s death in Andrew LoNigro’s blog.

Timeliness, Discussion, Interaction: Everyman by Anonymous: questioned why Good Deeds was stuck in the ground. I commented in Lorin Schumacher's blog about the characters and the play's humor. I also contributed to the idea that Everyman is a universal name in Lorin Schumacher's blog.

Xenoblogging:

A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen
- talked about Nora’s sneakiness in David Denninger’s blog.
- questioned the dialogue between Nora and Helmer in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “A Doll House.”
- gave my opinion on Dr. Rank in Rachel Prichard’s blog.
- mentioned Nora’s dramatic change in attitude in David Denninger’s blog.

How to Read Literature like a Professor by Thomas Foster (Into. – pg. 22)
- in David Denninger’s blog I brought up how Krogstad is a desperate man.

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- gained some knowledge about the unique title in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “The Importance of Being Earnest”.

Machinal by Sophie Treadwell
- in Lorin Schumacher’s blog I compared Young Woman to Karen from Heart in the Ground.
- in Lorin Schumacher’s blog I mentioned the song that may have inspired her to kill her husband.
- in David Denninger’s blog I disagreed with the idea that Young Woman was sacrificing herself for love.
- made some comments about the headlines in ">Katie Aikins’s blog entry “Machinal (Finish).”
- in Denamarie Ercolani’s blog I gave my opinion on the themes of the play.
- noted the differences in Young Woman and Mrs. Wright (Trifles) in Gina Burgese’s blog entry “Same Ending; Different Story.”

The Jeweller's Shop by Karol Wojtyla
- in David Denninger’s blog I mentioned how I enjoyed that the characters gave their different points-of-view.

Dead Man Walking by Tim Robbins
- in Lorin Schumacher’s blog, we discussed the use of the word “victim”.
- brought up the usefulness in killing characters in David Denninger’s blog.

Oedipus the King by Sophocles
- in Kevin Hinton’s blog I mentioned the element of self-defense in Oedipus’s killing of the king.
- mentioned the role of the audience in David Denninger’s blog.
- defended Oedipus and his quest for truth in Katie Aikins’s blog entry “Oedipus Rex Finish.”

Was Oedipus Framed? By Robert W. Rex
- disagreed with the idea that Creon and Teiresias were behind the king’s death in Andrew LoNigro’s blog.

Everyman by Anonymous
- commented in Lorin Schumacher's blog about the characters and the play's humor.
- contributed to the idea that Everyman is a universal name in Lorin Schumacher's blog.

The Comment Primo:
Katie Aikins “Oedipus Rex Finish”
Katie Aikins “Machinal (Finish)”
Katie Aikins “A Doll House”
David Denninger “Ibsen, A Doll House (Act 1)”
David Denninger “Feminism vs. Dishonest Women”
David Denninger “Ode to Oedipus”
Denamarie Ercolani “Machinal Reflection Paper”
Rachel Prichard “act 2 The Dollhouse”
LorinSchumacher “A Good King with a Fatal Flaw”
Lorin Schumacher "Personification and Play Presentation"
Lorin Schumacher "Everyman = Every Man"

Wildcard:
My frighteningly wild Wildcard is my pimping of the Serenity movie.