Everyday etymology appears!

The antineoplastic will inevitably affect some healthy cells, including those lining the gastrointestinal track from the lips of the anus, and the hair follicles. We will of course be relying on your resolve to with stand some of the more pernicious side effects.

Antineoplastic. Anti; against. Neo: new. Plastic. To mold. Shaping. Antineoplastic. Against new shaping

Hair follicles my resolve.

“Pernicious” That doesn’t seem --- (W;T)

I really like how this was kind of related to our previous lesions in our class about defining words with out a dictionary. How the characters seems to be looking them up in her head. She even knows what the doctor is talking about before he finishes his sentence if the words she thinks about are lined up with what he says. It is interesting how the play is written so you can see both sides but I do not understand now you could perform this part of the play. This is a really good real life example of how you could use etymology.

That's right, Kayley -- when you know etymology, you unlock far more words than you get simply by memorizing lists of meanings. I was glad to see that you tried it out on this play.