Introduction to literary studies last comment!

Hello my name is Kayley Dardano and I am a student at Seton Hill University. This is a portfolio of what I have done the end of the currant semester, in the course Introduction to literary studies taught by Dr. Jeers. These blog entries display my ability to understand and interpret literature in my own way. Throughout the class we have learned how to closely analyze literary works including poetry, short stories, and some of Shakespeare’s masterpieces. Everyday the students in this course were required to publish a blog entry on the readings assigned in class. All my entries have links back to the course website and from the course website to my blog entries. The course website is filled with other students blogs on the same readings but different topics and points of view. I have created a few links strait to the readings as well as to the website.  I am extremely proud of how I have developed in the blogging process and plan to keep using it in the future. I am really glad that this technology was brought to my attention. I think this would have been really useful in my high school classes, and I hope to bring it into my future classroom.

Coverage:

- This blog is a good example of how I made it easy for a viewer to move between the course website and my blog pages.

The Muddy blistering truth! Apr 12

Schnozzola I wrote on Apr 11. These are words are class was told to find on urban dictionary. Com and we were told to find a place on line where they were used correctly.

Timeliness:

Being on time is one of the most important qualities a person can have. Being on time is causal in the business world, which is why it is so important in college. College is there to prepare you for the real world and this class does so by setting dead lines. For class we were to finish our blogs 24 hours in advance.

Everyday etymology appears! Apr 25

The Muddy blistering truth! Apr 12

Interaction:

Depth: these next two blog entries are writing segments that I wrote an indepth response to the topics in class.

There Is War Inside a War I wrote April 17- This blog entry disucsses how Ender first enters the battle school.

Time, Speed, Excitement! I wrote April 10- This was a blog on how as a writer you can play with the readers emotions by using curtain words.

Discussion: These blogs have either developed into a discussion or I thought that they should.

O those darn Teachers and loving my fluffy writing! Was a blog that I wrote

Apr 14 in response to a web-site on Short stories. Greta carroll was inspired to respond along with the perfessor Dr. Jerz.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Introduction to literary studies last comment!.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/13913

» EL 312 Blog portfolio from KayleyDardano

poetryman69 said:

don't care for the color scheme. I myself need contrast to enjoy reading.

guillermo felix dardano said:

hi
i am a dardano ! originally 1850 italian immigrants came to honduras and el salvador where i was born 1965,
i grow and export coffee and am also a writer for a us magazine and local newspapers
regards to you and many blessings !
guillermo felix dardano

Guillermo Dardano said:

Hola Kayley
did you read my previous message
regards and blessings
Guillermo Dardano El Salvador

KayleyDardano Author Profile Page said:

Im sorry I had no idea that someone outside of my class would comment on my blog. I haven't checked it in over a year but I really appreciate your response I am now in a class called Literary Criticism so I would be glad to here from you again. The class is EL312.

Ana Elisa Fortin de Mazzini said:

Hi Kayley , I´m a Dardano Too, as Guillermo, I came from an italian family who came to Central America near 1850 (as a matter of fact Guillermo and I are cousins) where did your parents came from? My grand mother had a brother who disappear in USA while he was studing in a militar school, circa 1920, his name was Felix. Who knows, we may be relatives???? e mail me if you want. Sincerely
Ana

KayleyDardano Author Profile Page said:

We are from catanzaro but our relatives came in through new york. Where in Central America did your family settle?