Fun is well Fun

Wright is on the right page when he talks about games being of academic interest. More and more people are wanting to become video game designers, or like me just know more about video games in general. Every time I play a new and fun game I wonder, how was this game made, or who and how was this storyline created. Other than this class, I have never seen a class offered that had to do with video games. Maybe this is because of what Wright said about having very few teachers who understand games well enough to teach them.

http://jerz.setonhill.edu/EL250/2010/01/wright_and_koster/

Matt Takacs said:

Every time I play a new and fun game I wonder, how was this game made, or who and how was this storyline created.

The great thing about recent Valve games is that they started adding commentaries to them, offering the players the chance to hear and sometimes see, through scripted events, just how everything was put together.

Also, your opening sentence is pretty great. Wright?

I would definitely agree with Wright's statement that very few teachers actually understand video games. I had a psychology teacher back in high school who was determined to convince our class that violent video games teach kids to kill, so being the gamer that I am, I had to protest and counter his argument. It's a shame that more teachers don't at least try to teach video game classes. It could be a learning experience for the teacher as well as the students.