Ep.8 Ratted Out!

LAWYER FOR PROSECUTION (reading). In the matter of the State of ---- vs. Helen Jones, I Richard Roe, being of sound mind, do herein depose and state that I know the accused, Helen Jones…

I apologize, I can't type that nonsense anymore. Richard, who is the lover in Ep.6, had given the prosecution all the ammo they would ever need to convict Helen (who the playwright continued to identify her as the young woman). Now, this was a person she loved very much, a lot more than the husband. So what does she get in return? He decided to rat her out! It was just amazing what I was reading and what I was realizing. Why did he do it? He didn't see the murder...He didn't have anything to gain by putting her away. Or is he such a upscale citizen that when he heard about the news he thought that he should help put this murderer in prison. I think he had an agenda by giving the prosecution that statement. Or maybe he didn't have a lot of respect for Helen and when confronted didn't care. But hears another thing that really bothers me...he was in Mexico when he gave the statement. So that can difinetly be something to closly look at.