Moral Contridiction

Messages from Richmond. Waiting for Sprong Semester.

One night I was relaxing in my room when I was watching coming attraction for movies. While I was watching this show I saw a trailer of the movie

Brokeback Mountain
. Starring Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, about two cowboys that fall in love with each other...sexually. I know it a little gross (eww!) but I heard it is suppose to be a good drama. Of course with the conservative view of the country, this kind of movie may step on the toes of American leader. The host of the coming attraction show even said jokingly. "Good luck in the red states". Maybe the country isn't ready for a drama as risque as this one. But one thing had pretty much bothered me about this movie? If it was two women, we would hear too much of a fuss. Yes, their will be some people against it but their voices would not be as strong. I haven't seen the movie, but I'm pretty sure this is the movie that will spark up good converstains in the future...who knows mays this will ultimitley make the US examine themselves about what our priorities should be. Worrying about same sex marriage or worrying about people in this country that is in need like the Hurricane Katrina refugees. Maybe this country needs a wake up call.

Glad to hear you are having a good time in Virginia, and that you can't wait to enjoy your SPRING (not Sprong lol) semester.

About Brokeback Mountain:

Let me be your general conservative on this movie. When you said "Good luck in the Red States," it made a lot of sense to me. Most of America is still struggling with accepting gay and lesbian relations, especially in the south (which is basically the origin of cowboys). To take one of America's manliest ideal male figures of the south in the mid 1900's, and create two gay characters who fall in love with each other, and you have a very controversial topic. I myself will not see it, not because I am against homosexuality (which I am not), but because the movie does not look like a good movie. Dramas are not particularly my movies of choice, but I do like some. And being closeminded on this topic, I have absolutely no desire to see this movie. For different reasons, I don't think America is ready for it either.

Another thing Kevin, people have their own morality issues. Yes, there are big problems in our country, but 35% of America still vote because of their personal beliefs with moral issues (I know that It's Ain't Necessarily So wouldn't appreciate this, but I looked at more than one source). It is not America that needs a wake up call, but its the people who seem to disagree with one another. What I mean by that is, a liberal thinks a conservative needs a wake-up call, and visa-versa. Everyone's opinions are different, and I don't they should be excluded because they are different from others. Look at the world from both perspectives before making a solid judgement. That is the true problem. Have fun, and I will see you in the spring.