« Please, allow myself to introduce...myself | Main | Not school related by any stretch... »

In response to Spot News

Yeah. It wasn't anything I hadn't really done before. The past two years I've been in LA covering the E3 Expo (hoorah for Videogames), conducting interviews, presenting news on the fly, doing immediate analysis of what's being presented.

Granted, yes, I had a little more interest and investment into my E3 experience because, well, videogames are a large part of my life, but because it's also a business venture (not to mention a free trip to LA). This...sorry to say, really didn't mean much to me. I don't live on campus, I don't plan on living on campus, I don't really care much about the dorms...sure, it's nice to see the school growing and needing to house more students, but it sure would have been a whole Hell of a lot nicer if they had put in more parking.

That's yet another thing that's been pissing me off. I'm sick of this parking crap. I have to park all the way in the seventh level of Skahulu Hell and then wait for the shuttle, or take a long walk to the building.

I know the dorm was needed, but still..some more parking would be nice. I said in my own LiveJournal "There is no, and I mean no parking available unless somebody dies. It's reason enough to come here an hour or two early just to find parking. Christ almighty in a chicken basket."

Back on topic, though - I guess it was a good exercise. I mean...sure, it was nice and all, but it just didn't have any draw for me whatsoever.

Perhaps I'm just a jaded person, maybe I'm just tired. Whatever the reason, I found my interviews with the lead programmer on Call of Duty: Big Red One and the head graphic designer for Prince of Persia much more interesting than an old lady.

Posted by KevinMcGinnis at September 19, 2005 12:22 PM

Your experience does give you a bit of an edge. What was your first real reporting experience like? Some of your peers felt terrified and thrilled... is reporting still like that for you? (I'd love to attend E3 someday... sigh...)

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at September 21, 2005 1:53 PM

My first real reporting experience was that of interviewing the development team from Outlaw Golf at Simon & Schuster. I had a hell of a time doing it.

It felt just comfortable to me. I was neither anxious nor thrilled.

It still feels right, and I love really going in and sticking it to a spokesperson. I wish I had gotten the interview on film this past year, but I was able to talk with the lead developer on the new Call of Duty game for about 40 minutes on the factual accuracy, new development modes, etc etc etc

I'm sure as the head of the Setonian you can get a media badge. Believe me, you'll be able to get in.

Posted by: Kevin McGinnis at September 26, 2005 11:04 PM