« The Reporter's Notebook | Main | Why there is Journalism and what is the truth? »

Trib and Channel 4

I never was, nor ever will claim to be, a fan of the Tribune Review. I've never liked their paper, and from people I know who have worked their, the journalistic integrity is less-than-perfect.

The story about the Tasers was interesting. Newsworthy? Somewhat. It's been an issue for a long time, but comparing the two, one would think they read two totally different stories.

Channel 4, my prefered new channel, barely made mention of the event. Mostly they showed a woman being tasered and said "it happened in Oakland," where as the Trib (kudos to them) gave the full back story on the Taser use by police, where, why, and how of the attack (Oakland, anti-war rally, angry officers). The Trib also provided information regarding what will come next in the process for the offending officers.

Those who have come to know me know that, generally, I hate the media. Even being a part of it myself, I can't stand them. Especially nowadays given that we've lost our press and that the media is being controller (not in the public domain, but in the rhetorical sense) by the Government, but that's a rant all by itself.

The trib got the job done. Well played.

Posted by KevinMcGinnis at September 28, 2005 8:23 AM