« Journalistic integrity, eh? | Main | Homecoming story »

Dr. Arnzen (in lieu of Spurlock)

In accordance to being unable to attend the Spurlock lecture (as we've started noticing, I had to work), I attended Dr. Michael Arznen's reading from his new book, Play Dead. Included in his readings were new poems he is working on, done in a workshop format taking comment and criticism from the crowd. He also read short stories from his other book, 100 Jolts, and from his Newsletter, The Gorelets, and even a Zombie story because "we're in the Monroeville Mall, where Zombies run rampant."

There was even a mockery of the "...for Dummies" series of books, in which Dr. Arnzen wrote "Stabbing for Dummies," a how-to guide in the fine art of stabbing someone to death.

I hadn't had much experience before with Dr. Arnzen, but my respect for him has grown immensley. He will lead the short-story writers group on Oct. 27 at the Monroeville Barnes and Noble in a Halloween themed meeting, as well as read and sign his books.

I'm glad I took that story. It was fun. It was...different.

A little more interesting than the French Canadians from Ubisoft talking about Prince of Persia 3.

Posted by KevinMcGinnis at October 8, 2005 1:54 AM

Thanks for trekking out to Monroeville to attend my fiction reading. Glad you enjoyed it...and fought the zombie hoard in the mall to make it back alive!

Posted by: Mike Arnzen at October 17, 2005 10:06 AM

Arnzen rocked the Greensburg Barnes & Noble also.. you shoulda went Kev. Good stuff!

Mike

Posted by: Mike Sichok at November 22, 2005 9:02 PM