« Blog Carnival ver. 2 - Three Amigos Edition | Main | Jadakiss - "Why" »

April 19, 2007

Two Kevins Walk Into A Lit Crit Class...

I went to the man's office. I asked Dr. Jerz what he was asking of us for the blog that was to accompany our projects. He looked me dead in the eye and said "I don't know."

After some poking and proding I was able to determine that the blog should be the yin to the project's yang. So, without further ado...

--

I'd like to give a big shout out to my homeboys all over the world, but especially my boyz back in the 412. This one's for you, playa.

Yo, check it. So, me and my boy Kevin Hinton, we decided we wanted to do this project right? So, I says to him "You and me, bro. We're gonna keep it real." He just looked back at me and said "Fo' sho'."

So, we started brainstorming, right, and we came up wit sumpin'.

We took at look at the work of some of our bothers. My boy Kevin, he took a long, hard look at Spike Lee and his film "Do The Right Thing." He took a look at two writers, too. Dostoevsky and Black with their novels Crime and Punishment and The Broken Hearts Club.

Me? I took a look at my boy Tupac and his song "Changes." You can check out his beats here and here.

We took different paths, though. Kevin's project took the path of mimicking, whereas mine took the observational path. Kevin did was was called "mimetic" criticism of the works listed. Mine was divided; post-modernist criticism for Collateral (man, that movie is the balls, yo. Jamie Foxx is hard as Hell in there), and a socio-historical perspective for Tupac's work.

Oh yeah, check this.We made a website, too. You can check it out here.

Tha's all, y'all. We'll see y'all on da other side. Keep it real. Peace.

Posted by KevinMcGinnis at April 19, 2007 3:43 PM

That's fine, Kevin.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at April 19, 2007 5:18 PM