« Laurel - part 1 | Main | Unrelated »

January 11, 2008

blog portfolio

A world without blogging is a world that wastes paper. If nothing else, I appreciate the fine art and science of blogging from a somewhat-positive environmental viewpoint. While energy is still being used to run our computers, at least we're not using up a bunch of paper, too.

As such, I present the first collection of works for the blogging portfolio. It only gets bigger from here.

Coverage

Opening Remarks
Shanahan's "Bow, Nigger"
Strongbadia is a wonderful vacation spot
Koster and the Glorious Revolution
The History of Videogames
A Return to the Source...
Jerz and Adams...
IF/if/id = Harmony
Cadre and Short
September 12 and Madrid
Are Games Art?
Plotkin's "Shade"
Laurel - part 1

Depth

Shanahan's "Bow, Nigger"
Koster and the Glorious Revolution
IF/if/id = Harmony
September 12 and Madrid
Are Games Art?
Laurel - part 1

Timeliness

Are Games Art?
Shanahan's "Bow, Nigger"
Laurel - part 1
IF/if/id = Harmony

Xenoblogging

Derek
Ashley
Brandon
Zach
Ashley
Ashley

Posted by KevinMcGinnis at January 11, 2008 9:05 AM

Good work, Kevin. The content of your blog is, as always, insightful and provocative, though I wonder at times whether your game critic voice tends to lend an air of finality to your pronouncements that might discourage discussion. (Not a big deal, nothing to worry about, just something I've noticed spilling over from the writing that you do as a game critic.)

Do try to get at least a brief agenda item up in time to count for both "coverage" and "timeliness," so that at your leisure you can post the thoughtful, in-depth posts that weave together several different readings and issues.

The portfolio cover entry is a little sparse, but the content on the other end of the links is very good, and entirely meeting the high quality and distinctive personal voice that I've come to expect from your work.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at January 14, 2008 3:03 PM

A review of your portfolio: I like how you started your portfolio off with, "A world without blogging is a world that wastes paper." I think it is great that blogging does not require a lot of printing because everything is done electronically . I like how you listed the different sections of the portfolio. Overall I think that your portfolio provides an well rounded approach to the start of this course. Good Job!

Posted by: Derek Tickle at January 14, 2008 6:59 PM