« Elements of Journalism, Ch 3-5 | Main | My Spot News vs. The Setonian & The Communicator »

Thanks to Blogging...

Anyone who has read a few of the entries on my blog site, or on the Drama as Lit pages, probably knows that this whole blogging thing is very frustrating to me. I think I am starting to get the hang of it, but I still find it annoyingly time consuming. And even more frustrating has been the newswriting subject matter in general. It just isn't something I'm into, but I do realize that I ought to keep an open mind.

But, I would like to share something postive that has come out of this blogging phenomenon. There is a small group of us freshmen who seem to have a common frustration with blogging for Drama as Lit, and now also for Newswriting. I feel like this common bond has brought us together. Now, we are usually there to get together and help one another when we have these "major" assignments due and we all think we are never going to make it through. Each one of you guys bring something unique to the group and you have all helped me get through these classes lately. So I just want to say thanks to (and I'm sorry if this is corny): the computer illiterate "Mexican" and the stumbling sped who always make everyone laugh, the crazy energetic one who can somehow study lit terms while doing sit-ups, and the one who never stresses out and keeps us all calm by playing the guitar instead of working. You all are great! Thank you so much! And thanks to blogging for making us all work together, even if it did so in an odd sort of way.

Posted by LorinSchumacher at September 28, 2005 1:35 AM

Caffeine-fueled, deadline-motivated study sessions are definitely a great college bonding experience.

Of course, I'd rather see some of that bonding spread out over the days and weeks in between major assignments, but finding a support group to get you through the difficult times is a great survival strategy.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at October 10, 2005 8:34 AM