« Tragedy and the Common Man | Main | The Tribune Review - Nov. 29 Edition »

This is the Last Song...

Ok, so maybe it's not really the last song, but it will be the last blogging portfolio for EL250. I'm not sure if I am excited, or actually sort of sad. A little bit of both I suppose. Now that I have gotten the hang of it I would definitely prefer to have to do 5 more blogging portfolios than finish writing the feature news article for 227, but, we all know that is not going to happen so I might as well just get it done. The good news is that the feature article will be the last one that I have to write! That is certainly news worthy to me!

My first semester at SHU is coming to an end and I am extremely excited, but I also strongly dislike when things come to an end. It makes me rather gloomy and perhaps a bit too thoughtful when they do. I just don't enjoy change. Even things that were difficult and stressful I seem to miss when they are gone. EL250 will definitely be one of those things for me. A bit pathetic I know. But true just the same.

So, I have to say as I finish writing what will probably be my last blog entry for Drama as Literature, thank you to everyone who made my first semester at SHU an enjoyable and enlightening experience! I look forward to many more experiences in the future.

Posted by LorinSchumacher at November 28, 2005 2:31 PM

Lorin, I had a great experience in EL 250 Drama as Literature. Like I said before, I never thought that I was capable of reading that many plays in that amount of time, and actually benefit from it. From this class, I learned to think deeper, and more critical on issues.

I as well am sad to see this first semester come to an end... what am I saying, no I'm not! It's a great feeling however to know that I have one semester under my belt and the only way to go from here is up. This class was a great experience and one that I'll remember till the day I graduate.

I learned how to blog, how to discuss (intellectually) with others about a topic of literature, and I also think that I made some very good friends who I hope will stick with me through this long journey in the college portion of our lives. I'd like to thank eveyone as well, and hope that this experience is the foundation to a great college career! Good Luck!!!

Posted by: Andy Lonigro at November 28, 2005 3:09 PM

We've still got one more play to discuss in EL 250, so don't say goodbye yet!

I'm starting to get a little weepy myself.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at November 28, 2005 4:27 PM

Lorin, I too am sad and excited that the semester is coming to a close. I'm extremely happy that I took Drama as Literature as well. I had drama experience before but with only one play per year. Never have I had to read more than 2 a week. It challenged me to just look more into the play than blocking and where things go. I mean after all my job in drama club in high school was the directors assistant and I helped the cast members in any way. It taught me many lessons that I will take with me throughout my four years at college.

I agree with you and Andy. This class has gotten me to know some of my really great friends here at college. I've never been good at making friends (although my mom says opposite) and since mostly everyone from class lives in the same dorm as I do I found a new family at college. I'm sad for this reason that the semester comes to an end. However, I'm happy because I think everyone feels they need a break and also, like Andy said, it's one semester down and a whole lot more to go lol. But it leads us to our graduation day. I also wish everyone good luck in the future, especially the upperclassmen who are leaving the college world. As for the freshman, well I wish you good luck in college, wherever it takes you.

Posted by: Danielle Meyer at November 30, 2005 1:12 AM

Oh man, here come the tears! I've become especially reflective this year and I'm having a very difficult time saying goodbye to the life I've known for the past 3 1/2 years. This class was a great close to my college career. I still have student teaching to go, but I'm almost all done with classes. Good luck & God bless to everyone. I will miss you all so much.

Posted by: Katie Lambert at November 30, 2005 10:25 AM